A massive list of beginner zero waste resources to help you get started ASAP!
Starting out with a zero waste lifestyle can feel so intimidating! From plastic packaging to food waste to unhappy partners and more, diving into a more sustainable lifestyle can often feel like more trouble than it’s worth.
Don’t worry, it’s not. And once you start finding the zero waste habits that work for you, they become second nature.
Luckily, I have tons of beginner zero waste posts and resources, listed by topic right here. Happy learning:
Quick-to-start zero waste challenges/inspiration
- 33 Easy Ways to Start Zero Waste Living
- 52 Zero Waste Resolutions
- 6 Simple Steps for an At-Home Trash Audit
- 80+ Zero Waste Swaps for Sustainable Living
- Be Prepared With a Simple Zero Waste Kit
- Starting a Zero Waste Lifestyle, Step-By-Step
- The Ultimate List of Zero Waste Books
Want a weekly reminder of tips, tricks, & more ways to live a more sustainable life? Join the weekly letter:
Beginner zero waste at-home ideas
- 6 Simple Steps for a Zero Waste Bathroom
- A Zero Waste Conditioner Bar that… Actually Works?
- A Zero Waste Laundry Routine
- Affordable Zero Waste Makeup Brands
- An Ethical Bathroom With Who Gives a Crap
- Break Up With Paper Towels in 5 Easy Steps
- The Best Plastic-Free Kitchen Storage Options
Product reviews and recommendations
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Shaving With a Safety Razor
- KeepCup Review: So Nice, I Bought it Twice
- Leaf Razor: The Argument for Cost Per Use
- Save Your Brain Space with Minimal Zero Waste Makeup
- Stress-Free Shampoo Bars with Dulse & Rugosa
- The Beauty of Multi-Purpose Zero Waste Items
- Zero Waste Hair Care for All Budgets
- Zero Waste Period Options (That Aren’t All Menstrual Cups)
Food & food waste
- A Comprehensive Guide to Home Composting
- Are You Actually Paying More for Zero Waste Groceries?
- Easy Compost: Divide Up Your Scraps
- How to Zero Waste Meal Plan
- No Bulk Bins? Buy Your Bulk Food Online
- Practical Tips & Ideas for Zero Waste Grocery Shopping
- What Is Bulk Shopping and Why Isn’t It Zero Waste?
Get your zero waste DIY on
- A 3-Ingredient Zero Waste Deodorant DIY
- Easy Sewing: A 30-Minute Bento Bag Tutorial
- How to Make Beeswax Wraps – An Easy DIY!
- The Big List of Zero Waste Cleaning Recipes
- Unpaper Towels: Ditch Paper Towels and Make Your Own!
- Where to Find Zero Waste DIY Ingredients Online
General useful zero waste info
- Are Zero Waste Swaps Actually Cost-Effective?
- A Primer on Plastic Types and How They Impact Health
- Free 31-Day Sustainability Workbook Download
- How to Go Zero Waste on a Budget
- Is Shopping Online More Eco-Friendly Than Shopping Local?
- Participate in the Zero Waste Movement for Free
- Tips on Getting Near-Zero Waste Orders from Amazon
- What is Greenwashing? How do I Spot It?
- What’s the Carbon Footprint of an Email?
- Environmental Racism & the Zero Waste Movement
- Why is Sustainability Important? And How Can We Live More Sustainably?
- Zero Waste Isn’t Zero – And Here’s Why